COLLATERAL DEVELOPMENT DEVELOPMENT & CREATIVE DIRECTION
At Kathmandu (outdoor brand) twice yearly brochures were a significant business expense and but were important as they set the umbrella look for the brand. I was decided to investigate how could the brochures provide more value to the reader to encourage greater engagement and subsequent sales but also create partnerships to provide us additional value for our spend.
The outcome was:
• I reconfigured the brochure for flow and ease of use.
• Used ‘real’ people as models such as adventurers for authenticity and credibility.
• Provided travel tips and vignettes to enrich the brochure for readers.
• Formed partnerships with regional tourism bodies for complimentary travel, accommodation and prizes, as well as advice.
• Partnered with a PR agency to bring Australian media to Tasmania for an adventure weekend where they could test our products and culminating in an instore fashion parade.
• Prominent in-store merchandising consistent with theme.
The revised brochures went on to win the Australian Catalogue of the Year award and generated $100,000 of publicity including cover of the Virgin inflight magazine.