An ownership change at Jupiters Hotel & Casino meant a new loyalty program was required. I formulated a new strategy and led the execution of the Vantage Rewards loyalty program including:
• Methodologies for tier thresholds and corresponding rewards and benefits to motivate patron spending to reach higher tiers.
• Competitor research and analysis to identify potential competitive advantages.
• Full rebrand and repositioning including a new name and trademarking.
• Multi-channel conversion and acquisition campaign.
The program was designed to increase:
• Acquisition and retention
• Perceived competitive advantages
• Average spend
It was vital to transition as many patrons as possible to the new program for the following reasons:
• Members could not be automatically transitioned – they had to sign new terms & conditions and complete ID checks before they could become a Vantage Rewards member.
• To be able to market to them via targeted direct mail and drive revenue ($267K in July and $334k in June 2014 from Direct Mail campaigns).
• To track, monitor and report on gaming behaviour to identify high yield patrons and target and invest in them effectively.
• Create a perception of worth and superiority of our program over our competitors who were actively courting our top patrons.
A multi-channel campaign was formulated and executed in two stages. The first two weeks targeted existing patrons using a BTL strategy:
• eDM • SMS • DM
• In venue collateral
• Launch parties
To incentivise membership all existing patrons who transitioned during November, would receive an instant win via a ‘peel & reveal’ card. They would also receive entry to a draw to win an Audi A3.
Once the initial surge of existing members subsided an ATL campaign was launched to the general public. This was done via:
RESULT: An increase from previous loyalty program membership of 15% with 9,000 signups in first month.